As part of the DGA’s commitment to members, we have formed a number of Board Advisory Committees (BACs) to report directly to the DGA Board and ensure focus on data issues that affect Australian businesses now and into the future.
Based around points on the data lifecycle, each group – Data Sharing, Data Security, De/Re-Identification and Personal Information – has a mission and purpose to identify, contribute to and tackle issues and challenges relating to data and to provide input into the public position to taken by DGA in relation to data issues.
- Government relations and representation on data related issues affecting Australian businesses
- Proactive PR: raising media debate on related issues relating to government, business and consumers.
- Consumer education: on data related issues with a focus on consumer trust and benefit
- Media response: on data related issues to ensure member companies are appropriately and adequately represented.
To be able to deliver against this purpose, DGA and the BACs will need to deliver programs and initiatives that support and underpin its mission and purpose.
To ensure this, DGA (with input from BACs) will deliver the following in 2017:
- Consumer research on use of personal data
- Position papers and statements
- Thought-leadership white papers and opinion
- Benchmarks, standards and codes
- Consumer trust programs including industry trust mark
- Discussion forums and roundtables
Board Advisory Committees are designed to assist the Board in driving the national data agenda and are open to DGA members only.
Limited opportunities exist in each of the Data Sharing, Data Security, De/Re-Identification and Personal Information groups right now. Please get in touch to reserve your place today.